Towel toppers come in many different styles. Here are some tips for making towel toppers in the hoop!
Who knew there were so many types of towel toppers? ITH Hoots from Inspiration Mutz is completed in two hoopings. Tabs are embroidered first, then towels are attached to the toppers with Velcro, which makes them easy to remove for washing.
Here is another creative method for making a towel hanger. Mar Lena Embroidery includes a chef design to stitch on the towel for the Chef Apron Toppers Set. The towel hangs over the back and removes easy for laundering.
All of these designs are part of the Pop-up Store sale this week. Get them while they are 70% off!
Tips for Embroidering Towel Toppers:
- Stitch on water-soluble fabric-type stabilizer for no-show stabilizer edges.
- Use the same thread in the bobbin as that with which you are sewing. That makes the back pretty, too!
- Stitch on 100% cotton and prewash to reduce shrinkage.
- Use polyester thread. It withstands heavy laundering and does not fade.
- When embroidering on the towel, use a water-soluble or heat-away topper.