If you have recently changed computers and are having problems using your 3D Embroidery…Here is what I have found to help make it work – I have a PFAFF 2144. I had to purchase 4D FILE ASSISTANT CD from my local sewing store. It was only $5.
First I needed to go to http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/hasp4/enduser.asp
1. Download the HASP HL Device Driver GUI Installation file (first one in the table)
2. Extract the saved file (HASP_User_Setup.zip) by double clicking on it. Note the location you are extracting to.
3. Make sure your dongle is NOT attached to your computer and run the extracted file.
4. Reboot your computer.
5. Plug your dongle in and open the 3D Embroidery software.
Install your 4D File Assistant & VSM Generic Driver. Now to retrieve your design:
1. Double click 4D File Assistant
2. Plug in the sewing machine and turn it on.
3. Click on the PURPLE machine in the upper right corner.
4. Find your design in the 3D Embroidery. All designs should come up in the center under file name.
Click on the file you want to stitch it should show up in the bottom left. Then click the right Arrow to send it to the machine.
5. After it transfers to the machine:
(a.) Touch the menu button
(b.) Touch the embroidery button
(c.) Touch the small menu button at the upper right side.
(d.) Touch the card/machine button, then the machine.
(e.) Touch the right arrow button until your design appears, then touch the design. Touch ok!
Stitch your design!!!!
You may need to remove unused designs from the machine to have room enough to do more designs. To clean out the machine:
1. Touch main menu button
2. Touch Data Manager
3. Touch the design you want to delete
4. Touch the eraser in the 2nd box
5. Touch ok if that’s the design you want deleted.
I hope this works for you, Happy Sewing.