I had noticed that my wireless mouse had been a little hit and miss with clicking. I figured that it was just a battery that was going bad.
I opened the mouse to change the battery and found that the battery had ‘leaked’ and there was acid on my mouse and now on my hand. There was also acid that had obviously ‘dried’ on the battery as well. The battery can actually, under the right conditions, explode.
Remember – never leave batteries in your equipment, such as your camera. This can and will damage your expensive equipment. Additionally, it does not hurt to check the status of a battery that is currently in use, like my mouse.
Best wishes to you and yours, Pat